While December weddings can be some of the most beautiful ceremonies – hello, Winter Wonderland themes! – they can also pose quite a challenge for brides-to-be. This is especially true if you are getting married outside! After all, it’s tough to make the most of your big day when is freeeezing outside!
Who to turn to for valuable insight on this topic? None other than bridal gown Designer and overall wedding superstar, Jorge Perez. If you’ve never seen his gowns in person, get yourself to a Macy’s Bridal Salon by Demetrios, pronto! They are truly breathtaking. In the meantime, enjoy Jorge’s Top Six Tips for how to say “I Do” in style – no matter how cold it might be!
1) Instead of bright white, try wearing an ivory or gold-toned frock for your rehearsal dinner dress – it often complements paler skintones better.
2) A bouquet of dark flowers (think deep purples and burgundies) will make your dress pop and you look extra breath-taking.
3) Though many think a sun-kissed look screams Summer, adding a little bit of bronzer to bring out your natural glow is a must. (Just don’t go overboard.)
4) A white, faux-fur wrap or muffler will complete the look and keep you warm until you reach the aisle. The more bedazzled, the better!
5) Plan on taking pics outdoors? Ask your planner to erect a small, heated tent for you and your wedding party between shots. Even better, stock it with champagne and toast to staying toasty!
6) Keep in mind that large venues like old romantic churches are often very cold & drafty. A few carefully placed heaters throughout will ensure guests stay comfy & happy!