Have a house full of couch potatoes? Motivating kids to be active doesn't have to be a chore, as long as you have the right attitude. Get creative about exercise and your little ones will be begging you to workout! So, c’mon, let’s move!
1. Dress the part. I always feel better when I'm wearing a new outfit or shoes, and kids are the same! Sporting their favorite characters like Hello Kitty will make them want to find an excuse to go outside and exercise!
2. Encourage better hand-eye coordination in youngsters with a game of racquetball. This Melissa and Doug set is as cute as it is fun! Bonus: Improving hand-eye coordination also helps with writing skills!
3. While creating origami animals isn't quite as active as playing outside, it's a great rainy (or snowy!) day activity. See who can come up with the most unique animal!
4. Target practice! With new popular movies like Brave topping the charts, even little girls are getting into archery. Stay safe by using soft foam arrows like these from Zing Air.
5. When you think about being active, electronics are usually the last thing to come to mind. But, video games have come a looong way from what they were back in the day! Playing Nintendo’s Wii can burn as many calories as working out at the gym! And with games like Just Dance 2 and Zumba Fitness, you can also get your workout in while having fun with the kids!
What are some of your favorite ways to get your kids moving? Share in the comments!
See you next week!