My family and friends can attest to the many bins, boxes, bags, and closets overflowing with beauty products at my house. And while I’ve tried too many products to count, only a few have truly stolen my heart and earned a spot in my daily beauty routine. Read on to find out my Top 10 must-have, can’t-live-without-them products and then tell me what’s topping your list.
1. Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer – I went to a Bobbi Brown makeup class years ago and have been using Light Bisque Corrector and Sand Concealer ever since. I’ll admit I was a little bothered that I needed two products to keep the world from knowing I’m running on very little sleep, but I got over it. This combo has opened my eyes in more ways than one, and now that the concealer comes in a cute little palette with pressed powder, keeping my dark circles covered is even easier.
2. Stila Lip Glaze – I’m a little obsessed with this lip gloss. The color and shine are great and it’s not too sticky. No one likes dealing with hair getting stuck in their gloss regardless of how great your lips might look, right?!? My favorite shades are Grapefruit for every day and Fruit Punch or Raspberry for summer.
3. Chanel Chance - This is my all-time favorite perfume and has turned into my signature scent! I personally love the twist and spray packaging because I never have to worry about a perfume bottle breaking in my luggage ever again. Merci Chanel!
4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and Brush #217 – I have to thank Lisa and Ryan at the Macy’s MAC counter in Grand Rapids, Michigan for introducing me to these products. In my opinion there’s never been a better skin-perfecting duo! With this concealer I can instantly cover imperfections and even skip foundation. The secret to a flawless finish every time is the #217 blending brush. It seems like it would be too small and fluffy for concealer but leaves your skin looking almost airbrushed.
5. Clarisonic Skin Care Brush – This is one product that exceeded all of my expectations. At first I was a little cautious about using a brush on my face because I have Rosacea, but I was thrilled to find out that it's actually gentle enough for my skin. Still, I wasn't sure that it would make that much of a difference. I’m happy to report that I was wrong ... Love my Clarisonic.
6. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – This is a favorite among makeup artists and one of my travel essentials. The product works in so many different ways that you just can’t go wrong. You can use it as a hydrating masque, a base for flawless foundation, or my favorite is to warm a little in my hands and then press it onto my skin for an instant dewy effect.
7. Lancôme Absolue Night Precious Cells – I got a sample of this and used it while I was travelling. I know it’s silly, but I love the smell of this product and I think it really did amazing things for my complexion. It’s so nice to wake up to skin that seems to have gotten better overnight. Everything should work that way!
8. Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Advanced Anti-aging Serum – I’d read so much about Prevage, but I wasn’t sure I could tell a difference in my skin until I stopped using it. Sometimes you just need to take a little break in order to tell what a difference your products are really making. Now it’s one of my go-to eye treatments, and I love sharing that after my sister used it we started calling it, “The Silver Bullet.”
9. T3 Straightening Iron – I shouldn’t complain about my naturally curly hair but I prefer to wear it straight … It figures, right. Unless it’s pouring down rain, a day at the beach, or we’re fighting some serious humidity, my T3 is a beauty tool that’s always close at hand.
10. Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40 & Bobbi Brown SPF 50 UV Protective Face Base – You’ll soon find out that I think wearing sun protection is the single most important thing you can do for your skin and these two products are great. I can’t pick just one because I choose based on how my skin is feeling each day. If I’m a little oily or it’s going to be a steamy day in the city then I’ll go the oil-free route. If not I use the Bobbi Brown Base because it’s moisturizing and has ingredients to help my skin look brighter.
Now it’s your turn! Tell me all about your favorite beauty products.