Having just come off NYFW for spring 2013, it's a little challenging for me to know what season I'm in at the moment. However, by the crisp morning air, my daily Pumpkin Spice Latte, and the urge to wear boots instead of sandals, I can tell that it's definitely fall. It's also Beauty Scene at Macy's, which means I can finally tell you about the amazing looks I created just for this event!
It takes a village, so don't think I did this alone. Based on my top beauty trends post, I came up with different runway looks that you could re-create at home. Then in May I joined the most amazing team of beauty pros on set, including Makeup Artist extraordinaire Paul Fields, Genevieve (Vivi) Lapidus, and Celeb Manicurist Gina Edwards to bring these looks to life. Now we've all got some inspiration to help us look gorgeous straight through the season. This first look I LOVE ... It's called Rock it Out, and I hope that's exactly what you do!
A double dose of liner gives eyes a sexy rock-n-roll edge, but with layers of dark eye color, hold off on your concealer and foundation until after you've mastered your sultry stare. Here's everything you need to Rock - It - Out:
- Blend a gray shade, like Clinique Stay Matte Shadow in Slate from lash line to crease.
- Follow by gently layering Bobbi Brown Long-wear Cream Shadow on the lid with your finger. You could use a shade like Berry Noir, Velvet Plum, or Galaxy. Then use the Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge Brush to fully blend.
- Apply Estee Lauder Blackened Cocoa Pure Color Liner along the upper lashes.
- This is where your liner gets a twist! Make it do double-duty by applying a second line from the outer corner of the eye up into the crease.
- Use your Smudge Brush or even a small lip brush to blend well, pulling the color out toward the corner for a cat eye look.
- Line lower lashes, blending up and out to connect at the outside corner of the eyes.
- To further define the shape and add intensity, use the Lancome Dual-End Liner Brush to apply a thin line along the lashes.
- Clean and hydrate the skin, removing any excess product that may have fallen during application. I like using cleansing or makeup removing towelettes for this. Apply Lancome Teint Idole foundation and Clinique All About Eyes concealer for a polished complexion.
- Define your brows with Benefit Brow Zings and follow with an application of They're Real Mascara on upper & lower lashes.
- Next, apply Diorblush in Vintage Pink on cheeks and finish with a sweep of barely there nude lip color like butter LONDON Yummy Mummy.
- Top your tips with eye-catching metallic blue Victoriana Lacquer.
Tip - Take your look from day to play!
It may seem like a lot of steps, but you can quickly create a similar look on-the-go or just before leaving the office. Promise! With a soft shadow pencil like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Shadow or Laura Mercier Caviar Stick, build on your day makeup by lining along the upper lashes and applying a second application of liner from the outside corner into the crease. Blend with a brush or your ring finger. The warmth of your finger will actually help the color smudge and blend easily. Add a coat of mascara, nude or champagne gloss, and you've just rocked it out in like 5 minutes max!