Some might say that having your makeup done before an hour-long yoga session would be silly, maybe even a waste of time, right? But that's exactly what Bobbi Brown's Team had in mind when they invited a group of beauty blogging mavens to participate in Bobbi's Coffee to Cocktails Long-Wear Challenge.
When this invitation crossed my desk, my first thought was, "This is genius ... or crazy," followed by, "They must be really confident that these products are going to last." Either way, I was definitely looking forward to finding out. Since the Long-Wear Collection is intended to last from coffee to cocktails, we started our day with breakfast and a visit from Bobbi herself! In her laid back fashion (including jeans and Converse kicks), she talked us through her "typical" day, which I'm sure inspired these products. Here's the condensed version:
- 6AM up and greeted by the only other girls in the house, her dogs Bigge and Pup Pup,
- Getting somewhere between 4-6 teenage boys out the door (no joke!),
- Work, which could be anything from meetings to TV to coming up with more fab products,
- A workout,
- And usually a dinner or evening event.
After breakfast it was time for us to try out the products with a makeup application from Bobbi's team of talented artists. I was lucky enough to be paired with the lovely Lindsey Jones, seen here working her magic!
Next up, yoga with Danielle Diamond, Bobbi's go-to yogi. Other than wiping away the tiniest bit of color under my eyes, all of my Long-Wear products were fully in place. My hair, on the other hand was kind of tragic. I should have known better than to workout without dry shampoo or blot papers on hand, but then the most amazing thing happened ... Lindsey taught me a new trick to tame my shiny roots. Using a large makeup brush, she dusted a dark bronzer over my bangs - voila!
Back in our work clothes, we met with Kim Soane (who I've mentioned in previous posts) and Gabrielle Nevin from Bobbi's Product Development Team to get the skinny on this latest collection. Here's the scoop.
- Most exciting to me is the fact that you can get the same amazing results you achieve with Bobbi's best-selling Gel Liner in a new Eye Pencil! There are six shades to choose from, including my favorite "shadow as liner color," Black Plum, and the formula is great. It softens as it warms on your skin, so you get beautifully rich, creamy color that lasts for up to 12 hours.
- Long-Wear Cream Shadows have been around, but now there are five new shades for you to try. I love that these cream shadows are really easy to apply, the color is buildable so you can get a soft wash or a more intense finish, and they last. My fave new shade - Smokey Topaz.
- And what collection would be complete without a little lash magic? The new Long-Wear Mascara has the smallest brush I've ever seen, designed to catch and coat even the shortest lashes with color that lasts for 16 hours!
With makeup, a workout, and enough product knowledge to be dangerous, we wrapped up our day with the most delish lunch (and fries!) at Mercer Kitchen in Manhattan. Here I am alongside Kristie Dash from Teen Vogue, proving that we both made it through this beauty challenge with flying colors.
Now it's your turn! If you think you're up for the challenge, try out these Long-Wear beauties and let me know if they keep you looking fab from coffee to cocktails.