I'm often asked what products really fill my medicine cabinet and if I spend all of my time obsessing about the next big beauty product. So, I decided to give you a glimpse at some of my every day essentials and share a few of my favorite things that having nothing to do with lip gloss or the latest shade of nail lacquer.
I try a lot of products, but only a handful have become part of my every day essentials. In case you missed my first dedicated email that went out last week (very exciting!), here are the 10 beauty products that topped my list and a handful of my favorite things that you'll only find here.
1. Clarisonic Skin Care Brush - As much as I adore makeup, I tell everyone to invest in your skin. This is hands-down the one product I think everyone should own.
2. Bobbi Brown Corrector & Concealer - I've been covering my dark circles with this combo for something like 14 years! It's still the concealer duo I most recommend & what I always kept stocked in my professional makeup kit.
3. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - When you find a scent you love it's hard to stray. The smell of Light Blue always makes me happy!
4. Lancome All-in-One Eye Palette - I love experimenting with different colors and looks, but when it comes to my daily routine I keep things simple. Regardless of any other shadow I wear, I always start my eyes with a wash of the lightest shade in the Bronze Amour palette topped with liner and black mascara.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - This is definitely one of my weekend staples - tinted moisturizer, gloss, mascara, & I'm out the door.
6. butter LONDON Tops & Tails - Admittedly, I am a little crazed over nail polish. Regardless of what color I'm wearing, I start and finish every polish change with this nail-perfecting duo.
7. Shiseido Oil-Free UV Protector - Everything you hate about sunscreen you'll love about this lotion, at least that's the case for me. Its lightweight formula smells great and helps control oil & shine, which is perfect for the steamy summer we've been having!
9. Dior Addict Lip Polish - This gloss is perfection. It goes on smooth, feels great, and isn't sticky at all. Finishing a gloss is a rarity, and I'm on my second or third tube of this one...
10. Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream - I got this as a sample with something I purchased and now it's always in my purse. It keeps my skin feeling soft and I'm obsessed with the clean scent. Every time I put it on someone asks me what I'm wearing.
11. T3 Featherweight Luxe - Curly or straight, this blow dryer makes dealing with my hair so much less of an ordeal! I love it.
12. Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Kit - I've been obsessed with the Dry Shampoo for a while now, but this kit is like my hair's new summer BFF. My musings on this are to be continued...
13. Philosophy Brightening Peel Pads - Another new favorite, for the past 3-4 weeks I've been adding this skincare treatment into my routine. I'm really liking the results and the ease! No mixing, no mess, just a single pad that I sweep on every Wednesday night and don't think about it again for a week.
14. Reading, Decorating & Entertaining - Outside the world of beauty, I spend a fair share of time reading more magazines than I care to admit and trying to decorate my new apartment. Yep, that's a domino magazine that made it into my pic. I'm obsessed ... I've held onto almost every issue that was published and even moved them with me to NYC! I just wish it was as easy for me to transform my new place as it is to apply makeup or give out skincare advice. And when it's not so insanely hot, I absolutely love spending time in the kitchen and entertaining friends.
15. My Pooch - It's impossible to talk about my favorite things without mentioning my fluffy little sidekick - Boo. He makes every day a bit more adventurous!