I'm sure you all know about the big Beauty Scene Event going on, right? Just in case you don't, let me give you the skinny. Beauty Scene is an event dedicated to helping you discover the latest seasonal collections, try out all the hottest new products and fragrances, and of course shop. I should probably also mention that there are tons of freebies, amazing deals, and special gifts being offered by many of your fave beauty brands.
You can imagine, a major beauty event like this makes me giddy all on its own, but when I get to travel across the country and see all of you being pampered and primped with the latest and greatest products, I get uber-excited! That's exactly what I did at the end of last week, heading out on my first Beauty Scene Road Trip. While I have a lot to share with you from my visits, the new Bobbi Brown products had everyone talking from Philadelphia to Miami, so that seemed like a good place to start!
Philly was my first stop on the trip and this gorgeous group was quick to pull me aside and tell me all about the new Best of Bobbi Set that's available exclusively at Macy's. This set is not only amazing because of the products that you get and the incredible value, but because it's about so much more than makeup. As their shirts say, it's about beauty that gives back. Each purchase supports Dress for Success Worldwide, a non-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a support network, and career development tools to help women thrive in work and life.
Here's a closer look at what's included in each Best of Bobbi Set:
- A 7 shadow palette with universally flattering eye colors
- Bellini High Shimmer Lip Gloss - SO pretty! I asked more than one woman this weekend what gloss she was wearing and Bellini was the answer!
- Black Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara
- Black Ink Longwear Gel Liner - My daily staple
- A mini Eyeliner Brush
Beautiful makeup, supporting a beautiful cause. It's basically perfection in every way, which is exactly why this is selling out fast!
Now on to Miami ...
My first visit was to our Adventura store where I met Cal, pictured left. He was equally enthusiastic about the Best of Bobbi Set and also shared the very special tie that he and his Macy's Adventura Team have with Dress for Success. They've taken Bobbi's passion for empowering women and made it personal, volunteering their time each month to help teach the women at Dress for Success Miami how to enhance their natural beauty and feel more confident and beautiful. Love!
Then there was my visit to Macy's Dadeland, with one of the most energetic groups I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Beauty Scene Events were going on everywhere, but there was one special guest in the house creating quite a buzz - Rogelio Reyna. Rogelio is one of Bobbi's top Global Artists. I snapped this pic of him and a very happy guest right after he finished working his makeup magic on her! And since I had his undivided attention, I asked about his top three "must-have" products of the season. Here they are...
1. Bobbi's new Brightening Finishing Powder - I'm totes obsessed with this pressed powder and it's one of the few products that I packed in my carry on. It's kind of amazing and very, very different from a Shimmer Brick or really any other product I've ever tried. For starters, it's an all-over complexion brightener. When I first looked at this powder, I was admittedly afraid that I might end up resembling a disco ball if I brushed it on my entire face. Thankfully that wasn't the case at all! Its oil-free formula miraculously adds an even luminosity and glow to your skin that's subtle and absolutely gorgeous.
3. Cosmic Raspberry Rich Lip Color - Everything this season is about adding a bright POC (pop of color), so we started this conversation by gushing over the nearly sold out Neons & Nudes Collection. We were both in love with the bright lip colors, and I personally carry the Cosmic Pink Gloss in my purse every day. Since I know these neons are hard to come by, I asked Rogelio for a lipstick alternative that would provide the same impact and be available for everyone to get their hands on - Cosmic Raspberry is perf! And if you feel like getting creative, check out my Makeup Lesson post where I share easy options for mixing up your own unique Bobbi lip color.